The National Day of Prayer mobilizes unified public prayer for America. Let’s walk in unity by praying for these four priorities in our nation beginning now and continuing through the entire month of October. As you pray, imagine you are joining with thousands of others standing in agreement in prayer for our nation.
1. Ask God to bring together His church in America as a witness to the world.
“That they may all be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You. May they also be one in Us, that the world may believe that You have sent Me” (John 17:21).
- Lord, regardless of our own preferences or traditions, draw each of Your followers together as a witness of Jesus to the entire world.
- Father, use Your church to serve as the unifying body of people in America.
- Holy Spirit, wake up Your church to spiritual revival, experiencing the manifest presence of God as a people.
2. Trust God to turn the leaders of our nation toward His Word and will.
“The king’s heart is in the hand of the Lord, as the rivers of water; He turns it to any place He will” (Prov. 21:1).
- Lord Jesus, we ask You to turn the heart of our president, vice president, and both houses of Congress toward Your Word and Your ways.
- Father, we ask You to turn the hearts of all of our political leaders to come together for the good of our nation.
- Holy Spirit, we ask You to place God’s armor upon each of our leaders, protecting them and their families in every way.
3. Appeal to God to bring the next great spiritual awakening to America in our generation.
“Furthermore, knowing the time, now is the moment to awake from sleep. For now our salvation is nearer than when we believed” (Rom. 13:11).
- Father, we ask that Your sovereign will be for the next great spiritual awakening to occur in our generation.
- Lord Jesus, because of Your grace, pour out Your power upon our nation, bringing forth a spiritual awakening that will result in millions coming to faith in Jesus Christ.
- Holy Spirit, move Your church to pray extraordinarily until we see the next great spiritual awakening in our generation.
4. Believe God now with us as we move and work toward the 2018 National Day of Prayer on May 3, 2018.
“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and it will be opened to you” (Matt. 7:7).
- Lord, we know that You know the things we need before we ask, but we ask You to move churches, denominations and ministries toward leading and participating in the 2018 National Day of Prayer on Thursday, May 3.
- Oh God, please call forth and mobilize thousands upon thousands of volunteers to help us lead thousands upon thousands of prayer gatherings across America on Thursday, May 3, 2018.
- Holy Spirit of God, we ask You to move people to support the daily and annual ministry of the National Day of Prayer through prayer, service and giving.
Let’s join together in clear agreement, visible union and extraordinary prayer for these four prayer priorities in America between now and the end of October.
Dr. Ronnie Floyd is the senior pastor of Cross Church, immediate past president of the Southern Baptist Convention, founder of the Cross Church School of Ministry and host of the Ronnie Floyd on Life and Leadership Today podcast.