WASHINGTON — Museum of the Bible invites families to celebrate the season with special Christmas events and museum activities throughout the month of December.
During the holiday season, museum guests can join museum educators, living history interpreters and curators for Family Fun Days and Museum Nights, which provide unique opportunities for families to come together to celebrate the Christmas season.
Special events will be hosted at the museum on Saturday, Dec. 4, Saturday, Dec. 11, Thursday, Dec. 23, and Thursday, Dec. 30. In addition to Family Fun Day activities, the museum will also host an international Christmas Market perfect for holiday shopping every day the museum is open.
“While Christmas is observed in many different ways around the world, it has one meaning: the celebration of Jesus’s birth,” said Harry Hargrave, CEO of Museum of the Bible. “This holiday season, we’re celebrating ‘Many Names, One Meaning’ with Christmas festivities for the whole family. We invite guests to come enjoy stunning custom light sculptures, a special exhibition of handmade Nativity ‘cribs’ from Maltese artists and an international Christmas market. We’ll have warm drinks, sweet treats, holiday music performances and fun activities for kids. From all of us at Museum of the Bible: Merry Christmas.”
Family Fun Day activities are included with the purchase of a general admission ticket. Museum Nights tickets are $10 each when purchased with a daily admission ticket. Tickets are $20 for guests who only attend Museum Nights. Some activities have additional add-on costs.
Family Fun Days: Dec. 4, Dec. 11, Dec. 23 and Dec. 30
During the day, guests can enjoy games and stories at our Education Station, a Nativity workshop and contest, ornament making, live music and an international Christmas Market. Family Fun Days activities include:
- Education Station, Floor 4 — 11 a.m.-5 p.m.: Enjoy Christmas activities for kids throughout the day.
- Children’s Christmas Performance, Grand Hall, Floor 1 — 1 p.m.
- Christmas Ornament Workshop, Floor B1 — 1-5 p.m.: Guests can join museum educators to create their own Christmas ornaments.
- Nativity Workshop and Contest, Multipurpose Room, Floor 1M (Mezzanine) — 11 a.m.-12 p.m.: Winners will be announced each Family Fun Day at 3 p.m, and receive a prize from the Museum Shop. This activity costs an additional $14.99 per Nativity set; 2 people per Nativity set.
Guests are invited to enjoy a favorite family Christmas movie on the big screen, Christmas-themed painting classes, an international Christmas market and a special Christmas in Malta exhibit. . Museum Nights activities include:
- Dinner, Manna Restaurant, Floor 6 — 5-6 p.m.: Guests without a general admission ticket may join a dinner at Manna until the evening’s activities begin.
- Christmas Television Specials: “a Silent Night at the Museum” and “The Chosen- The Messengers” World Stage Theater, Floors 5 & 6 — 6 p.m.
- Paint Nite, Gathering Room, Floor 6 — 6-7:30 p.m.: $25 additional add-on for guests who purchased a general admission ticket; $35 for guests attending Museum Nights only.
- Christmas Market, Floor B1 — 11 a.m.-8 p.m.
More information about Museum of the Bible is available here.