LOS ANGELES — PragerU has debuted a new series of beautifully illustrated children’s books, “Otto’s Tales,” that will teach children ages 3 to 8 traditional American values through the rollicking adventures of young Dennis Prager and his trusty sidekick, Otto the bulldog.
In “Otto’s Tales: The National Anthem and Pledge of Allegiance,” the first storybook in the 13-book series, Dennis and Otto travel back in time from 1814 to 1954 and meet Francis Scott Key and learn about the origins of the national anthem and the significance of the pledge of allegiance.
“Over the years, our supporters with young children have been asking us to publish children’s books,” said Marissa Streit, CEO of PragerU. “Our goal is to teach our children what they are not being taught in schools and through culture. We are not trying to create little activists. We just want to teach young children wholesome, age-appropriate American values.”
“Otto’s Tales” are part of PragerU’s K-12th grade educational initiative. The storybook series offers families fun ways to pass on important values to their young children through American holidays and traditions. Examples of holidays and values taught in “Otto’s Tales”include:
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day: A colorblind nation where everyone is created equal in God’s image.
- Presidents’ Day: Freedom, American exceptionalism, nationalism.
- Passover (for Christians and non-Jews): Slavery and freedom.
- The American trinity: Liberty, In God We Trust, e pluribus unum.
- Mother’s Day: Traditional role of mothers in the home.
- Father’s Day: The importance of fathers.
- Independence Day: Bravery and liberty.
- The National Anthem and Pledge of Allegiance: Patriotism, tradition, God.
- Patriot Day (Sept. 11): Heroism, strength, unity.
- Columbus Day: History, hard work, curiosity, patience.
- Veterans Day: Respect, gratitude, nationalism, reverence, remembrance.
- Thanksgiving: Gratitude, generosity, family.
- Christmas: God, family and faith.
“Otto’s Tales” storybooks are available for purchase through Amazon and PragerU’s website. Each storybook will be paired with an engaging storytime show featuring PragerU personality Jill Simonian, PragerU’s mascot, Otto, or a very special celebrity guest.
PragerU will release more “Otto’s Tales” storybooks in the near future. In the meantime, parents, guardians and educators can check out more free PragerU kids content, including “Otto’s Tales” storytime show, our DIY “Craftory” series, PragerU’s first-ever fully-animated kids show “Leo & Layla’s History Adventures,” “How To” videos for middle and high schoolers, digital magazines, parent action guides, and other curated resources. To receive exclusive access to an online discussion forum, live virtual events and breaking news announcements, become a member at prageru.com/kids.
More information on PragerU is available here.
For media inquiries, please email Press@theKcompany.co.