LOS ANGELES — PragerU has launched new, K-12 educational kids shows for its rapidly growing online community, “PragerU Resources for Educators and Parents (PREP).” So far, close to 10,000 parents and educators have joined PREP, which offers educational and entertaining shows and resources that counter the progressive agenda students are taught in many schools across the nation.
“‘PREP’ has received an overwhelmingly positive response from parents, guardians and teachers around the country,” said Jill Simonian, PragerU’s director of outreach for PREP. “Contrary to what the media would have us believe, most parents don’t want our children to have radical leftist rhetoric and doctrine jammed down their throats. Rather, we want our children to love the values America was founded on, be freethinkers and take ownership of their ideas and actions. Our new shows and resources encourage critical thinking instead of stunting it.”
PREP Kids: K-2nd grade resources include fun shows and crafting activities that teach American history along with traditional values like faith, family and freedom:
- “Otto’s Tales” — Jill Simonian, PragerU’s director of outreach, and PragerU’s favorite bulldog, Otto, host a sweet storytime that celebrates American values of freedom, individuality, hard work, equality under God and more.
- Craftory — Crafts + history = easy, family-friendly DIY crafts to honor American pride, freedom and Judeo-Christian values.
PREP Kids: 3rd-5th grade resources include interactive educational materials focusing on American history:
- Digital magazines — Each month, a digital magazine features the life story of influential figures from the past and the present. April’s magazine will focus on women: Abigail Adams, Margaret Thatcher, Ayn Rand and Amy Coney Barrett.
- Leo and Layla’s History Adventures — PragerU’s first-ever fully animated series. Join Leo and his big sister Layla as they travel through history, using their special time-traveling app, to meet great historical figures who helped shape America and the world.
PREP Kids: 6th-12th grade resources cover life skills, character development and current events:
- ‘How To’ videos — Educational and entertaining videos for teens and tweens that teach important life lessons ranging from character-building to model citizenship.
- The Book Club — A monthly show hosted by Michael Knowles and a special guest that features in-depth conversations about great books that shaped Western Civilization.
- Featured 5-minute videos — Videos featuring top-tier presenters addressing contemporary issues, historical topics and the overall story of America’s greatness.
- Recommended playlists — Curated playlists of PragerU videos on U.S. history, world history, economics, civics and more.
Other resources available on the PREP platform include a Parent Action Guide to help parents protect our students and take an active role in their education, study guides and quizzes, certificates of completion for lessons, recommended reading lists by age and practice essay prompts.
Students are also encouraged to explore curated materials from PragerU-approved organizations like Hillsdale College, NASA STEM, and RealClearEducation in areas such as art and music, history, homeschool education, math and science, reading and writing, film, personal and educational development, religious education, podcasts — there are even links to virtual field trips via the National Park Service, the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History and The Louvre!
PragerU, whose videos have garnered more than 4.8 billion views — and counting — continues to promote PREP through its massive social media following, email list, mobile app subscribers, new streaming television channels on Roku and Apple TV and the PragerU website.
PREP Kids Content is available here.
More information on PREP is available here.
More information on PragerU is available here.
For media inquiries, email Press@theKcompany.co.